Criminals don't work according to standardsCriminals are smart. That's why, depending on the risk, we take into account the many remarkable techniques that criminals use to avail themselves of a working key:
- Taking pictures (from a distance) of a key on a keychain
- Copying or making an impression of a key via the children (sports club)
- (Forced) removal and temporary placement of a system cylinder in a remote gate, port, barn or padlock (reverse engineering)
- Decoding cylinders using scoop techniques
- Making impressions of cylinders (possibly with the foil technique) in order to make a working 'key'
- Attacks with bump key techniques, scoop techniques and/or combination techniques
Practical safecracker's knowledge for extra securityCountering these techniques requires extensive and, above all, practical safecracker's knowledge. Knowledge of opening techniques that is not included in the standards. We have this knowledge. And we incorporate this knowledge in our locking plans. We also make changes in the protected cylinders so that a criminal's purchase of a similar cylinder does not yield the correct information. For extra protection, the resupply and copying of keys, along with correspondence about this, occurs via our specialised management department - i.e. outside regular channels. All extra measures to guarantee your security and our success.
Locking plan matrixA locking plan matrix is a handy aid for drawing up a locking plan. It's an Excel document in which you specify both users and spaces. You indicate with checkmarks who has access to which space.
An example of a filled-in locking plan matrix (pdf, Dutch)
An example of a filled-in locking plan matrix (pdf, English)
An empty locking plan matrix to fill in yourself (pdf)
Want to know more about our locking plans? Then call +31 26 361 09 09 or send us an e-mail.
The first step toward a proper locking plan really is that easy.